2013年11月11日星期一

It Brits Love Their Local Design Talent, But Prefer Their Fast Food From America


Last Friday, the British Fashion Council and luxury e-tailer stylebop.com invaded Los Angeles' iconic Chateau Marmont hotel to party down with Britain's best and brightest red carpet designers. The event was hosted by English fashion darling Poppy Delevingne and drew a crowd of famous faces that were quick to declare their love for the city's good vibes and even better grub.  evening dress


"I've been in L.A. for five weeks to audition for TV shows and work on my tan," said a sun-kissed Delevingne, who wore a fierce floral number by Mary Katrantzou for the night. "I miss home, but I'm going to miss L.A.'s In-N-Out cheeseburgers more!" (The fast food chain equally charms her superstar younger sister, Cara Delevingne.)


Also fanning out for the West Coast's culinary scene was model and actress Dree Hemingway, sporting a Preen by Thornton Bregazzi sheer maxi dress. "Whenever I'm in town, my very first stop is always Urth Caffe," she confessed. "I crave their green tea latte with almond milk, seriously. I'm also in love with Joan's on Third—I always get the Chinese chicken salad." When she's not chowing down, Hemingway's working on her acting chops. She revealed that she recently wrapped a role in Noah Baumbach's upcoming film, While We're Young, which also features Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, and Ben Stiller. No big deal.   evening dresses australia


Speaking of models-turned-starlets, Agyness Deyn was also in the house and kept it effortlessly cool in a simple black top, sequined Marc Jacobs slacks, Céline shoes, and a Marc Jacobs clutch. "I moved to Los Angeles from New York three years ago, and couldn't be happier," she said. "I really needed a change. I just love the chillness here." Although Deyn is certainly enjoying her Hollywood romance with actor Giovanni Ribisi (they got married last year), that's not to say that she doesn't get homesick from time to time. "I do miss my friends and family back in London, so I try to visit whenever I can."


Perhaps a Preen-wearing Kiernan Shipka can hitch a ride with Deyn on her next trip across the pond, because the Mad Men star's never been. "I'm dying to go!" said the budding talent, who turned 14-years-old on November 10. "I spent the night at the Heathrow Airport once and it was really lovely, so I'm sure the city is just as awesome. I hear the shopping is amazing! I want to go to the original Topshop store so bad." We're sure the British Fashion Council can work something out.

没有评论:

发表评论